How-To Generate Beauty Salon Leads For $3 Each Using Facebook Ads [Case Study]
In this case study I’m going to share the exact campaign that we used to generate $3 leads for The Eyebrow Specialists.
So if you want to learn how to use Facebook and smart advertising to grow your Beauty Salon then this is for you!
Part 1: Start With A Great Offer
One of the main things I look for in new clients is an attractive introductory offer.
If they are using deep discount offer or ideally free offers to get people in the door, I get excited.
That’s because value is created (and money is made) after people experience your business.
Getting people in the door is the hard part so you need something that’s really going to drive them to take action…
Once they are there, they experience how great your business is and then work their way up your value ladder.
What’s a value ladder? Here’s an example…
In most niches these would be called “upsells.”
So for this client, we offered a voucher to experience a service they’d normally pay much more for.
This would allow people to experience what a great salon and team this business has so they will keep coming back in the future.
Part 2: Ad Creative & Copy
For this client we actually ran 2 different ad creatives.
1 was an image, the other a video.
For whatever reason, the ad below was the clear winner (that’s why we test!).
Part 3: Ad Details
Ad Objective: Page Post Engagements
(How many people saw the ad.)
(How many times people saw the ad on average.)
Cost Per Engagement: $0.76
Post Comments: 15
Cost Per Comment: $3.00
Total Cost: $44.74
Relevancy Score: 8
(Score out of 1-10 how relevant the ad was to people who saw it.)
Part 4: Campaign Results
Before we got started (like I do with all clients) I found out what their target cost per lead was…
Being a small business they were unsure of their numbers.
So we based it on the lifetime value of a customer. Assuming each appointment had a value of $70 p/transaction and they came in once a month on average.
For them, if they could generate leads for under $15, they were happy.
Theoretically we used worse case scenario numbers so if they had good followup and experience when clients came in we could potentially spend much more to acquire the customer.
So during the 9 days this campaign has been running, here are the results:
Leads Generated: 15
Cost Per Lead: $3
Given the lead cost and that it was a “cold audience” meaning they’d never heard of my client before these results are fantastic.
To increase that number we’d A/B test the images, test different offers and create “lookalike” audiences inside Facebook people who became clients.
Part 5: Turning Traffic Into Leads
So what happens when people commented on the ad?
They were sent a message confirming details of the offer and giving them the opportunity to book in (most people were happy to do this straight away, others had a few questions).
Here’s What You Should Do Next
Learning what has worked for others is just the first step.
But if you really want to maximize your potential on Facebook, you need to understand the powerful tools that you have at your fingertips…
That’s why for the moment I’m offering a complimentary phone call to those wanting to start using Facebook Advertising in their own business.
Here’s what we’re going to cover:
- The Pixel: A line of code you add to your website that let’s Facebook track what people do on your website and enable you to “retarget” them at a later time.
- Audiences: The groups of people that you target to show your ads to. Can be built from email lists, website visitors, people who interact with your brand online and more.
- Irresistible Offers: Giving people a good reason to come into your business is key. Creating urgency and scarcity (legitimately) is the best way to do this.
- Brand Awareness Campaigns: People don’t want to see sales ads from businesses they’ve never heard of. Campaigns that generate local awareness get your “foot in the door” so people are expecting to hear from you again.
- Great Design & Copy: The real secret to making Facebook ads work is beautifully designed ads with strong copy that makes people act.